Meatable (www.meatable.com) is a dynamic and ambitious scale-up based in Leiden, the Netherlands with a growing international team of 90 people. Meatable is dedicated to satisfying the global demand for meat without compromising the well-being of people, animals or the planet, by developing, producing and marketing cultivated meat. Since their start-up phase in 2018, Meatable has significantly revolutionized the meat industry and is now preparing to launch their products in the Singapore market mid-2024. Their innovative approach involves replicating the natural process of fat and muscle growth, resulting in final products that mirror traditional meat in taste, texture, and nutritional content, all while eliminating the negative environmental impacts associated with conventional animal meat production. Joining the Meatable team means becoming part of a dynamic work environment at the forefront of an exciting, cutting-edge field, collaborating with industry pioneers. To further design and develop successful Meatable products, we are currently searching for an experienced product developer to join their Food Science & Application team. If you are passionate about contributing to a young, rapidly expanding company that is shaping the future of food, we invite you to get in touch with us.
Senior Product Developer Leiden
For designing and developing the next-generation of meat products
• Responsible for designing and developing various consumer product concepts with cultured meat for sensory evaluation and overseeing further testing on product characteristics, food safety, and scalability
• Preparing a portfolio of hybrid cultivated meat products (plant-based ingredients combined with cultivated meat) to be initially launched in the Singaporean market together with the Singaporean team
• Working on product optimization, focusing on aroma, taste, color, texture, and nutritional profile
• Managing raw materials documentation and entering specification data in the raw materials database, including the implementation of the quality and food safety management system
• Leading sensory tasting activities, managing the cross-functional sensory panel, and utilizing the gathered data to generate hypotheses for product improvement
• Scoping for new analysis methodologies to test cultured meat, raw materials, and finished products, aiming to quantify insights and enhance the decision-making process. Lead its implementation including SOP’s, data collection and interpretation
• Reporting to the Food Science & Application Manager.
To excel in this role, proactive communication, a hands-on approach with attention to detail are essential. A proven ability to independently initiate and drive projects, coupled with flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities within a dynamic and rapidly growing organization are also crucial.
We selected DUPP as our Recruitment Partner for this role: please apply via: https://www.dupp.nl/vacature/senior-product-developer-meatable/
Please apply via https://www.dupp.nl/vacature/senior-product-developer-meatable/
* In your application, please be as specific as possible as to what experience you have to bring to our team.