We are on a mission to make 100% real, delicious meat, without the negative impact on our climate and the need to raise and slaughter animals.
The Meatable approach for creating ‘cell-based’ meat is based on ground-breaking proprietary technology that was developed at The University of Cambridge and allows us to turn induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) into muscle and fat cells, creating 100% real, delicious, guilt free meat. We use iPSCs because they have amazing benefits that enable affordable, at scale production (e.g. they are pluripotent, grow completely serum free, have unlimited proliferation capacity and can grow in suspension). With our technology, scalable cell-based meat production is becoming a reality.
We are a young and fast-growing company and are entering our next wave of growth. Given our size, new team members will be a huge part of our motivated multidisciplinary team. Our culture encourages everybody on the team to actively shape their position and we provide ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As our new Quality Officer your main responsibilities will be:
• Support on implementation of the Quality and Food Safety Management System at Meatable’s organization (including its R&D organization, research laboratories and the pilot plant)
• Directly involved in building materials related to Quality and Food Safety Management System (e.g., development of operational procedures and document templates, supporting on the deployment of related QMS IT software). Demonstrating experience to build such material is a plus.
• Keeping the Quality and Food Safety Management System up to date, effective and efficient.
• Participating in several projects to ensure Quality and Food Safety requirements are implemented on agreed timelines.
• Being active member of HACCP team.
• Supervising and conducting internal audits, quality and hygiene inspections. If applicable, participate in relevant external audits related to quality and food safety.
• Monitoring and optimizing all processes related to food safety.
• Follow-up and managing all materials and products specifications, including supplier assessment
• Increasing quality awareness in the workplace, and supporting quality & food safety trainings.
• If applicable, carry out the follow-up of corrective and preventive actions within the organization.
In order to be successful in this role you need to be a proactive communicator, have a hands on mentality with attention to details. You need to be flexible and able to change priorities in a dynamic and fast-growing organization.
If you think there is a match we would love to receive your CV and a short motivation. Please follow the link and apply*:
* In your application, please be as specific as possible as to what experience you have to bring to our team.