We are looking for a highly motivated Laboratory Equipment Technician for our Operations team.
Our team takes cares of all the laboratory equipment, the supply chain, and the safety in the laboratories.
We are looking for someone who has a few years of laboratory experience, has a technical background or a strong affection with it (DIY; fixing old motor bikes, working on electronics etc.). You like to create structure but don’t mind to roll up your sleeves to unpack and install a refrigerator or relocate an incubator on a quick notice. Planning goes easy on you and you have no difficulties in contacting (calling, e-mailing, face to face) people who can carry out maintenance, supply or calibrate equipment.
You are able to work closely with our different research teams to find, test, place and register equipment. In this role you will also be accountable for the planning and execution of maintenance and calibrations of our equipment.
In short you are assertive, precise, practical, and eager to learn.
In order to be successful in this role you need to be a proactive communicator and have a hands on mentality with attention to detail. You need to be flexible, be a trouble-shooter, and be able to change priorities in a dynamic and fast-growing organization. If you possess these skills and if you get excited when reading this role you are the person we are looking for!
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Accountable for the registration, calibration, and maintenance of the laboratory equipment. This also includes inviting and bringing in the maintenance crews
• Drafting of documentation (protocols, reports) to standardize methods for the handling of the laboratory equipment.
• Supports laboratory personel when equipment needs to be relocated etc.
• Maintain and improve our equipment database.
• Be able to learn about the safety aspect and the ordering process at Meatable so you can take over these tasks from team members if needed (cross functional)
If you think there is a match we would love to receive your CV and a short motivation. Please follow the link and apply*:
* In your application, please be as specific as possible as to what experience you have to bring to our team.