In this new role you will apply knowledge of procurement practices and procedures to organize and coordinate procurement activities of materials, goods, services and supplies; You will identify business procurement needs, search, screen and qualify vendors, evaluate vendor portfolios, and with help of in house technical specialist, select and negotiate the most favorable solution and terms for the business. You track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and maintain a current database of vendor information for uninterrupted supply of equipment, goods and services for the business.
In addition, the Buyer typically reports to the Laboratory Manager.
You are the specialist on complex sourcing and business matters and can work independently.
• Identify procurement needs of products and services for business functions
• Provide comprehensive understanding of suppliers, key market players and market dynamics
• Collect offers and negotiate pricing & delivery conditions with vendors
• Maintain vendor relationships and implement contracting and SLA agreements
• Develop and follow established procedures to select suppliers and place actual order for materials, supplies and services into assigned systems. (ERP, Vendor sites, etc)
• Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or supplier issues, while escalating only the most complex issues to the direct manager
• Manage and prioritize procurement projects in a changing and dynamic environment
• Assist direct manager with buying process improvements and provide inputs for procurement strategy development and execution
In order to be successful in this role you need to be a proactive communicator, have a hands on mentality with attention to details. You need to be flexible and able to change priorities in a dynamic and fast-growing organization.
If you think there is a match we would love to receive your CV and a short motivation. Please follow the link and apply*:
* In your application, please be as specific as possible as to what experience you have to bring to our team.